Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data transfer between HPS - FPGA using Python on HPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny2231

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am currently doing my project which requires me to use DE1-SoC.
The project is to perform bearing health’s prognostic, it includes 3 parts which are: feature extraction, linear regression, and remaining useful life estimation using polynomial regression.

What I have is the Python code for the above 3 functions, and I want to perform feature extraction on the FPGA side(making FPGA as an acceletaro it is correct?).
The general idea is the dataset goes into HPS, then send to FPGA for feature extraction, and send the result back HPS to perform the other 2 functions.
The objective is to reduce the processing time as feature extraction will take the most time to process.
My question is: is it possible?
Because so far the tutorials I found, the C or C++ language is used in HPS to communicate with FPGA, I cant find any which uses Python.
If it is possible, how can it be done?
I have tried a few tutorials to understand the HPS-FPGA communication but maybe my version of Quartus Prime is not the same with the tutorials, some steps were missing and took me quite a while to google them and troubleshoot, and at the end, I managed to get the output as stated in the tutorial but I can’t understand how I did it. Previously I only use Quartus Prime to write Verilog for FPGA only, and I still consider myself a totally newbie to Platform Designer(formerly as Qsys) even though I have tried a few tutorial.
So I would really need someone to enlighten me.
Or is it more ideal to just use HPS to perform all the things?
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back