Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

folded cascode with gm/id

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello i am trying to follow the instructions in the attached article for the circuit shown bellow.
At the third page we see that I1=40uA from the ft ,SR constrains.
how do we know the value of I7?
i need it in order to calculate I5, becuase I5=I7+I1
Thanks.

1.JPG

Attachments

• 0553339.pdf
    183.6 KB · Views: 148

M1 is half of the diff.pair, so its current is half of the tail current. Thus M3,M4 have a 80uA current. You have to know the ratio of M11/M4 ratio to know how much is the current of M11, which equals with M7's current.
The article states that M7 and M11's current was set by calculating the output resistance, which is not clear how was derived. The article says Lambda is computed with simulation, and probably it was used to calculate how much current is required to reach the desired total output resistance of the first stage. Sounds overcomplicated, especially if simulation was available to determine Lambda. Easier to plot operating point parameters and/or simulate output resistance directly with sweep of sizes, ratios.

Reactions: yefj

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back