Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Filter topology anyone knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winsu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Anyone could let me know what topology or how the filter posted works?.

**broken link removed**

Thanks

It looks as though mains AC comes in at left. And I think it filters power to an appliance at right. I'm reminded of a store-bought 'noise filter' which I took apart. It claimed to improve radio and tv reception as well as reduce hum coming through my audio equipment. Inside I found a capacitor and coil of fine wire. Not too complicated. Maybe it even worked, though I don't recall it made that much difference.

Your schematic is more complicated of course. It has similar components and they're arranged in a fashion to function as a filter.

Ckicking the attachment gives an "Invalid Attachment" error

sorry I will post it again.

Capture.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,

I have a flyback converter topology which is powering up a number of LEDs, it has also got a filter stage which is doing the job but at 100kHz. It has got a huge spike at that certain frequency. I wonder if by just putting at the very front a low pass filter with a cut off frequency of 10kHZ it would be attenuated?.

Thanks,
Winsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back