Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure inl of an ADC in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinmaye

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
Could anyone please help me measure INL of an ADC in cadence? Currently i am giving a ramp input to the ADC, and trying to get the histogram measurement of the ADC output. Using the, I am trying to calculate the DNL and hence INL. I feel that this method is not accurate. I tried using the INL function in cadence. But that didnt work either. Could someone please help me with this.
Thanks.

Hi,

This topic is not new, thus do an internet search "INL measurement ADC" to find documents.

I see documents from adc manufacturers, but I assume cadence gives related informations, too.

Klaus

Sir,
I tried this too. The following is the code that i am using to calculate DNL and i am trying to sum the DNLs up to get INL.

Code:
 nbins = 1024;
dnl= hist(y,nbins)/n-1;

I am trying to get the INL of the ADC with 10 bits accuracy. Hence nbins = 1024. Y is the data imported from cadence. But i am unable to find the value of n where n is the number of samples in the bin for an ideal case.
Do you suggest any other method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back