Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to buy Electronics components in UK for domestic use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hi,
I am in UK.
I have now bought two DAB radios (from supermarkets) and neither of them work on the switch mode mains adapter that they were supplied with. ( too much distortion/noise) .They do work on battery. So I want to buy a small mains transformer, rectifier, smoothing caps, voltage regulator etc etc so that I can wire this into the battery connections, then I don’t have to keep buying batteries for them.

However, I cannot order from farnell or RS, because they rely on distributors to deliver, and at domestic addresses, this doesn’t work (ive tried it before). Basically, I am at work when they deliver, so they just return it to farnell/RS.

So I need royal mail delivery….cricklewood electronics
https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/
..is the only one in UK I know that does royal mail delivery…do you know of any others?…now that maplins and Tandy has closed down, its getting difficult.

I usually have digikey, newark and jameco deliver to my house
MOST of the time they will leave it on the front porch.
(amazon, land's end, llbean etc also)

when I had to pick up the package, it came from a company that required a signature.
now i ask new suppliers

To combat the "we don't leave packages", I have take to having it delivered to me
at work. Even if i'm not there, it is received and I get it.

How good is your relationship with the receiving department at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back