Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Ultra low-power timer to make a power saving circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Now, I plan to connect MCU's I/O to D-type Flip Flop in order to keep it H/L while MCU is in stand by mode. This will keep open/close state of MOSFET.
You don't need a DFF. The MCU will keep it's I/O as you program it ... even in sleep mode.

Klaus

Reactions: inklen

inklen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

You don't need a DFF. The MCU will keep it's I/O as you program it ... even in sleep mode.

Klaus

Wow! This is great! Yeah, I just looked to the datasheet and it does say "State Held" even when MCU is when "Only RTC Counter" is on. In which case the power consumption is just 0.66uA!

Hi,

As far as I know .. every microcontroller acts this way.
Idle state does not mean power off ....

Klaus

Yes, thank you for your help!
It's nice to learn new things... every day :)

MCU and eval board are oredered!

I just got a big package with DMN2300UFB4-7B mosfet... I'm not sure I can handle it :)

Same with MSP430FR2000IRLL... I think I'll need to order it more, just to train to solder it...

Status
Not open for further replies.