Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waveform saving upon trigger in windows from Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to save waveform from Tektronix MSO2024B. This Oscilloscope come with windows software "Tektronix Openchoice Desktop Application TDSPCS1 - v2.6" but I have not used it. The waveform to save is a pulse of 0-5V which I need to sample with 100 KHz sampling, 12 bit resolution. The saved waveform should start 500 ms before the trigger and save until 1000 ms after the trigger. Has anyone tried Openchoice Desktop Application software from Tektronix for such purpose ?

I have a Tek MSO3032 but I use Linux so the Windows software is of no use to me. For screen capture I simply plug it into my network (I think your model supports that) and use a web browser to connect to its IP address, no special software at all. Any screen capture or browser add-on should then work.

Brian.

The simple way to save the waveform is to set up acquisition parameters as required, make a measurement and save the waveform to USB drive in *.csv format. No software needed.

It should be noted that MSO2000B series has 8 bit vertical resolution. Getting significant 12 bit data is unrealistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Does "trigger in windows" refer to a software event? I doubt that the desktop software is prepared to react on it. You probably better use the generic oscilloscope programming interface, if no hardware trigger can be generated.

"The simple way to save the waveform is to set up acquisition parameters as required, make a measurement and save the waveform to USB drive in *.csv format."

Can this also be done in Tektronix Openchoice Desktop application software ? i.e, to save the waveform in picture and also save the waveform as data in *.csv file ? How about if I need to run longer for example, 5 min etc. I guess oscilloscope can't handle this. How about using Openchoice software if it can utilize more memory from PC ?

MSO2000B series has 1M data points memory, about 10 sec @ 100 kSPS. Timebase can be set up to 100 s/div, 1000 s total length with respective lower time resolution. Not sure if quasi continuous data transfer in roll mode is supported by the oscilloscope.

Can we get more data point memory by using software ? I mean if oscilloscope connected to windows software than can we get more then 1 M data point point record length or not ?

The waveform which I need to save should start start saving 500 ms before the trigger and save until 1000 ms after the trigger. I need to run this for 5 to 10 min or maybe 20 min. The pulse may come once in 4-5 second. Can I do that with Tektronix MSO2024B Openchoice Desktop software ?

Hi,

No further update on this post. Kindly have a look at my last post and give some comments.

Can I save the waveform upon trigger in Tektronix MSO2024B ? Do I need to connect it to Openchoice Desktop software ?

Unless someone has the instrument and free time to check the question for you, who could answer the question? I would focus on the question if the instrument is able transfer unbroken data in roll mode, no matter if it's supported by the desktop software tool or specific programming is necessary. Tek support might be able to answer this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back