Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FAN6754 flyback converter-overcurrent problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan_mateo

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a design 193V output voltage and 700mA current, but when the current drawn from output, the auxilary winding voltage fall down, and IC shut down PWM gate signal as you can see in the attachment and the output voltage go to zero. And I could not understand, why auxilary voltage is like sawtooth wave, I think the IC try to open PWM but can not start. Can any body help me about that issue? ( Yellow is C9 voltage green is C10 and purple voltage is Gate)
2uyNo.jpg
IMG-3277.jpg
IMG-3278.jpg

Hi,

Is it a new design, or do you try to repair an old circuit?

If "repair" ... I assume C9 is dried out and needs to be replaced.

Klaus

I need to repair, I have one board it is working, but it that I could not find fail. C9 look like new, anyway I can replace it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Is it a new design, or do you try to repair an old circuit?

If "repair" ... I assume C9 is dried out and needs to be replaced.

Klaus

I need to repair, I have one board it is working, but it that I could not find fail. C9 look like new, anyway I can replace it.
Capture.PNG

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the scope you are using.

Does it show "1s/div" and "2s/div"?
--> If so, then it's most likely not the C9 problem.

Klaus

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the scope you are using.

Does it show "1s/div" and "2s/div"?
--> If so, then it's most likely not the C9 problem.

Klaus

no, It is 10V, each line mean 2 V.

did you look at it with thermal camera?...see if anything getting hot...there is a good therm cam you can buy for £150...ask me and i will tell you part number.

otherwise, strip it down and see what you can get working....eg disconnect components and give the FAN6754 a dc bias voltage from external supply then see.
....take off output diode....shove vout on it with an ext psu...and see if their is output short circuit...etc etc...

- - - Updated - - -

maybe one of the aux caps is dry...replace all.

Status
Not open for further replies.