Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parasitic cell blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMIRAZ

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

At the moment I am trying to perform parasitic extraction using PVS-Quantus to get the RLC parasitics of the metal stack (routing).
the Pcell of my the transistor already includes RLC parasitics , I want this part of the layout to be blocked from parasitic extraction to avoid parasitics double counting

To do that :
• I preserved the Pcell during PVS LVS using preserve_cell_list in PVL.
• Then I introduced the cell to be blocked which is the Pcell to PVS Quantus tool in a txt file as pcellname_CDNS* .

checking fT and fmax of the transitor I can see that there is parasitics double counting (10-15% degradation).

any idea how solve this issue ?

Br.

Have you changed the corner after extraction for simulation? Typically schematic simulations and extracted simulations are done with different corners.

Have you changed the corner after extraction for simulation? Typically schematic simulations and extracted simulations are done with different corners.

I am using nominal (typical) corner for both schematic and extraction.

There is something called a "pre" sim and "post" sim.. Check your PDK documents.

Which technology is this?

Hi ,

At the moment I am trying to perform parasitic extraction using PVS-Quantus to get the RLC parasitics of the metal stack (routing).
the Pcell of my the transistor already includes RLC parasitics , I want this part of the layout to be blocked from parasitic extraction to avoid parasitics double counting

To do that :
• I preserved the Pcell during PVS LVS using preserve_cell_list in PVL.
• Then I introduced the cell to be blocked which is the Pcell to PVS Quantus tool in a txt file as pcellname_CDNS* .

checking fT and fmax of the transitor I can see that there is parasitics double counting (10-15% degradation).

any idea how solve this issue ?

Br.

I think it should be expected that performance deteriorates when you instantiate your cell at higher hierarchy, due to interconnects parasitics.

Why do you think your parasitics in the pcell are double counted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back