Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gas flow meter + Gas pressure meter + Vacuum meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berger.h

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an 8mm hose that flows the gas. Gas is Air or CO2 or Agron. Gas pressure is 0-10bar.

1.Pressure
Can you recommend a pressure sensor? 0-10bar, Voltage or digital output, resolution min 12bit, to PCB with 4/6mm hose or direct to 1/8" or 1/4" fitting, low price , I do not resist the Chinese product.

2. Flow
I also need to measure the amount of gas flowing through it. Now we use flow meters with a ball any as this

Is there any cheap method / sensor that can convert flow to voltage for MCU processing?

3. Vacuum measurement?
You can recommend a sensor that could be used to measure vacuum
about differential input, one to atmosferic pressure, second under vacuum , and min 12 bit resolution, voltage or digital output. low price

2. There's no simple method to add a readout to float-type flowmeter (rotameter). Most economic flow meters (I doubt you find cheap sensors with suitable precision) have thermal or pressure drop operation principle, also some simple turbine flow meters are on the market. Depends much on the intended flow range, precision, gas type.

For some applications, a rotameter with light barriers can be used as limit switch, e.g. for min/max flow.

3. Consider if you want to measure pressure below actual atmospheric pressure (differential measurement) or absolute pressure (uses vacuum reference). Depends on your application, both sensor types are available.

2. I was looking for a small turbine for gases, but I found them only for liquids
I need to measure the argon flow 0-10l / min and air flow 0-100l/min
accuracy is not critical

The price is decisive.
Technically, I need to measure against a reference vacuum.
Practically I am interested in pressure between 100Pa - 20kPa
Now I have a large mechanical vacuum gauge, we estimate pressures below 1kPa based on the sound of the pump

The price is decisive.

Pressure of 1 kPa barely moves the needle on an everyday automotive vacuum gauge. This low pressure might be detected by the depth of liquid a hose is immersed and still allow gas to flow. The liquid should be chosen so no harm is done if it contaminates the gas.

Flow rate is indicated by the bubbling of gas in the liquid, either bubble size, or frequency, or loudness, etc. Frequency per minute seems easy to count with a low-cost electronic circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.