Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Momentum simulation in ADS for Power Amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabrok

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cap gap.png
Regarding ADS momentum co-simulation (simulate layout using momentum simulation in layout window and create symbol, then open the symbol in the schematic window and connect the discrete components). My question on the component gap in the layout window. Do I need to place space component gap like the c-space (circled one shown in the attached photo) at the place where I want to connect the component later on in the schematic? Or just leave it as gap and place two pins? which one is correct?

c-cpace is for schematic representation of the layout, not necessary.Simply placing two pins who are touching to 2 different metal pieces would be enough.

Reactions: Mabrok

Mabrok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
c-cpace is for schematic representation of the layout, not necessary.Simply placing two pins who are touching to 2 different metal pieces would be enough.

Thank you. but when I do like this, i see that schematic and momentum results are same. When placing c-space, L-space, r-scpece, ... and also pins, i get very bad result from momentum. for example, S11 in the schematic from -10 to -15 dB over the entire BW, for mom ranging from -2 to -4 dB for the same BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.