Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robotic ARM or Servo motor for my application

Status
Not open for further replies.

hussain1.bangalore

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have units that requires frequent series knob rotation (volume) & push button with more precision, can anyone advise should i go with Robotic ARM or any suitable servo motor.

Also kindly help with any references to start with both Robotic & Servo.

Thanks
Hussain

I do not think robotic arm with serve your purpose correctly. If you want to rotate knob I guess servo motor is the right option. I am not that professional I am just a programmer. I have seen projects like this and with that experience I am suggesting.

rotating a servo motor is just easy using a knobe (potentiometer use). but will also require mcu
with potentiometer divider.

I saw a hi-fi unit whose volume knob visibly rotated when you pressed the remote control. A little red led moved clockwise, counter-clockwise... It was like magic.

Inside was a small motor which dialed a potentiometer. RPM was stepped down either by gearing or rubber wheels.

A full H-bridge is the proper hookup so you can start/stop/reverse a small motor.
Or a half-bridge if you have dual bipolar power supplies.

Your control circuitry needs to respond immediately either:
* when it detects your commands
* when it detects certain condition
* when it is about to reach certain condition

Status
Not open for further replies.