Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What can prevent two BT devices to connect successfully

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to play with the connection of two random BT devices and see if they can connect with each other. I found the answer is no. This is what I have:
1. a BT speaker (https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B01GF5ACUG) that can be used to connect to the smart phone to play music wirelessly
2. a VR headset that can pair with its own BT controllers

When I set device 1 to advertisement mode, and use the smartphone app of the device 2 to look for new BT devices, nothing shows up in the scan list.

Does anyone know what can be the reason to prevent the successful connection between device 1 and 2? Thank you!

Hi,

Did you read datasheets? This should be the first place for informations.
Then look at the manufacturer's internet pages.

I am trying to play with the connection of two random BT devices
Random, like a BT mouse and a BT keyboard ... what should happen?

Headset (two ways audio with control) and speaker (only one way audio) ... what do you expect to happen?

Klaus

Hi,

Did you read datasheets? This should be the first place for informations.
Then look at the manufacturer's internet pages.

Random, like a BT mouse and a BT keyboard ... what should happen?

Headset (two ways audio with control) and speaker (only one way audio) ... what do you expect to happen?

Klaus

Hi KlausST,

Thank you for your advice! I am new to BT and do not know what I can find from the datasheet.

For my initial statement related to "the connection of two random BT devices", I tried to mean one that can be used for transceiver and the other one that can be either transceiver or just receiver. Therefore, for the headset, I assume its BT is a transceiver, and for the speaker, I assume its BT is a receiver. Therefore, I do not know why they cannot be connected with each other.

Regarding your education about "Headset (two ways audio with control) and speaker (only one way audio)", I actually do not know what is the meaning of it. Would you explain it a little bit more or provide some more key words for me to search for the answers?

Thank you!

Hi,

I don't like guessing what exact headset you are using.
Please give this information first. Then we are able to discuss about it.

Klaus

Added:

and do not know what I can find from the datasheet.
A datasheet should contain: how to use the device

Hi,

I don't like guessing what exact headset you are using.
Please give this information first. Then we are able to discuss about it.

Klaus

Added:

A datasheet should contain: how to use the device

OK, thank you! I am using Oculus Quest. I can use my phone app to pair with its controllers.

Hi,

You still not answered:
what do you expect to happen?

The speaker can receive bluetooth audio only ... and make it audible.
Thus you need a device that can send out bluetooth audio.

The only possible "audio sent out" of your headset may come from it's microphone.
So is this what you want to achieve? Sending your voice to the speakers while you have your headset on (your ears)?

And then - since the speaker will not send any bluetooth audio to your headset - the speakers in your headset are quiet.
And control signals (if any) won't work, too.

It makes no sense to me..

Klaus

Reactions: bhl777

bhl777

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Regarding your education about "Headset (two ways audio with control) and speaker (only one way audio)", I actually do not know what is the meaning of it. Would you explain it a little bit more or provide some more key words for me to search for the answers?

Thank you!

Headset (two ways audio with control) - a headset is a (one or two) speakers for the ears and a mouthpiece.
the goal is to replace a telephone so ones hands are free
the goal is also to let you talk via a computer while on call (such as skype or zoom) without disturbing your neighbors

speaker (only one way audio) - speakers translate electric signals into sound

connecting things is a useful skill
but things go much better if the connection makes sense and has a useful goal

Reactions: bhl777

bhl777

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back