Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge MOSFET Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neelsama

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am designing a new PCB for LLC converter and I just finishend laying out the H-Bridge for the input section. The PCB is 4 layer and primary side is rated for 500V/6A. Switching freq. is around 100kHz. I used TO 247-4 MOSFETs for H-Bridge. I named positive input to HV+ and negative input as PGND. Switch nodes are also shown below. Furthermore, I have tried to lay HV+ and switch nodes in parallel in both top and bottom side. Both of middle layers are PGND. I have etched the ground planes behind the switch nodes to reduce ground coupling.

Overall View:
overall.PNG

Top layer:
top.png

Middle laye 2&3:
middle layers.png

Bottom Layer:
Bottom layer.png

I would appreciate your inputs how to further improve the layout in order to minimize stray inductance and decrease ground power coupling.

Status
Not open for further replies.