Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Input/Inout Pin Capacitance Attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

janthonym

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'd just like some clarifications with some of the capacitance attributes for liberty (.lib) files.

I understand that the rise capacitance and fall capacitance attributes are the capacitance values for the input/inout pin for rising and falling waveforms. I also know that the capacitance attribute is the measured capacitance of the input/inout pin you are on and it is measured in the spice simulation.

I'd just like to clarify, so is the pin capacitance is measured at more of a stable waveform (not rising or falling)?

Thanks in advance!

Liberty files: [Input Pin] Capacitance, Rise/Fall Capacitance Ranges Attributes

Hi all,

I'm was trying to understand all aspects of the liberty file and I came across some questions.

I'm looking at the input/inout pin attributes - capacitance, rise/fall capacitance, rise/fall capacitance range and would like to know more about them. From what I understand, I know that the pin capacitance attribute is the measured capacitance that is measured directly in SPICE calculations and the rise/fall capacitance values/ranges are calculated based on the pin capacitance value for rising and falling waveforms.

I assume that the pin capacitance value is measured at the high/low levels of the signal whereas the rise/fall capacitance values are related to their respective edges, correct?

As a rule of thumb, do the capacitance and rise/fall capacitance values have to be within the rise/fall capacitance ranges? It makes sense that the rise/fall capacitance value has to be within the rise/fall capacitance ranges but what if I come across a (just) capacitance value that is outside of the rise/fall capacitance ranges?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back