Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2153 based Half Bridge smps with feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemaster11

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ir2153 based smps.JPG

the IR2153 doesn't have any pin for feedback for voltage regulation.

is it possible to add a feedback circuit to this smps based on IR2153?

That is a low cost self-oscillating driver, it has no provision for output regulation. Where applications need a stable output it would have a regulator after the output rectifiers.

Brian.

Yes thats right, as well as what Betwixt says, there is no output inductor so your shown cct is only for low power.
If you want to do a regulated half bridge then there are some controllers from the old natsemi.com which do it.
Remember you cant do half bridge with current mode control .......though current mode control with significant added slope ramp can work.

You can find details on half bridge in my SMPS course which is to be found somewhere in here.....free download
https://massey276.wixsite.com/electronicsdegree

treez - useful information but do you realize the WIX template page is still present! I see adverts for cars, upholstery etc in San Fransisco at the bottom of the page and the top links go straight to them!

Brian.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks Betwixt...i hadnt realised those links were there...i will try and change it...but i am on the free version, and it takes ages to edit the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back