Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

caculate Zin of a HF rectifier using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiGa_

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I‘m a student majoring in EE. I want to design a wide-band high-efficiency rectifier for wireless power transmission based on the paper below. I used the same diode as it said: HSMS286c in HFDiode lib. I used the variable 'f' to simulate the Zin in different frequencies. However, the verdict is different from the paper's result and I have no idea why. The imag part is positive but it should be negative. Perhaps I set something wrongly.

What should I do about it?Can any of you help?

Thank you so much.

the circut and Zin of the paper.png
paper1.png
paper2.png
my result1.png
my result2.png

-You do a methodology error.Don't use LSSP, instead use HB and place Current Meter at the input and simply divide V/I ( complex impedance) because rectifiers are highly nonlinear systems.
-The author used a tunable source impedance and you should imitate the same thing.

Reactions: ShiGa_

ShiGa_

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The paper's title is Shaoyong Zheng's Design of an Ultra-Wideband High-Efficiency Rectifier for Wireless Power Transmission and Harvesting Applications.

Hi, I'm new to ADS and I'm puzzled right now. I think the tunable source impedance means matching network which I can only add after measuring the Zin. Can I still use this source? I wanted to change it into AC power, however, this paper never mentioned the Vin or Iin, I only know Pin is 17dBm. To be more clear, the proposed rectifier in this paper is attached as follows. Thank you so much for answering my questions.proposed rectifier.png
fig explain.png
abstract.png
mychange.png

Thanks a lot, I get it. Did I set the input right? And could you tell me how to calculate Vin/Iin, please? I'm really confused. Thank you so much for your help!!!
V.png
I.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back