Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend a DC Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Gurus,
I desinged a telecomm module, which can work in varying voltage.
So I want to test its peak current at various voltages.
I know exactly that when volatge is 12V, its peak current is about 3A.
I used Agilent 66321B DC power supply, and can read the peak current directly from 66321B.
But 66321B peak current is only 5A.
When my module voltage is about 8V, the peak current is more than 5A.
So could you pls recommend a DC power supply which can read its peak current even with 10A?
Best,
Tony Liu

Put 2 of the Agilent power supplies in parallel and add the currents ...

by the way telecom psu's are normally mains to 48V - what is your input voltage? output voltage?

Use any auto-ranging power supplies. They will specify Max Voltage and current with constant power. Because of that if voltage is decreased current capacity will increase so, that power will be constant.
check MX180TP from TTI
see E36200 series power supplies from keysight

Industrial Power Supplies in the market have generally SMPS circuitry and this is bad for telecom applications even-tough they are very well filtered.
IF I were you I create my own Power Supply using with AD's dedicated very low noise high PSRR regulators.I have already designed one to drive even VCOs, they work great.
They can be connected in parallel and achieving 10A Output Current shouldn't be too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back