Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I Buy online and replace this micro-controller MC912D60ACPVE8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i200yrs

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello again all...please need your inputs, planning to buy MC912D60ACPVE8 from online store and replace directly the original.
This can work? thanks

Hi,

Yes.
It will do the same as it does when the developer of the PCB assembles it: nothing.

But if you treat it the same as the PCB developer - and program it with the firmware - then it will work as desired.

You may buy an empty bottle ... the same does the brewery.
The brewery fills it with beer ... you need to do the same...before you can drink it...

Klaus

You asked the identical question about a PLD.
Both are programmable, empty devices when you buy them.

Thanks mr Klaus...I saw some chip if developer programmed it they add sticker on it....but this board the chip (micro controller) doesn't have sticker...Not really sure but is this MC912D60ACPVE8 does have pre-programmed already? Or really a blank chip? thanks

What's the board you are talking about?
Why do you want to replace the microcontroller?
Not really sure but is this MC912D60ACPVE8 does have pre-programmed already? Or really a blank chip?
You should know. If you expect the board to perform a specific task, the processor must be programmed. Either it's already programmed by the board manufacturer or you have to program it with a suitable programming adapter.

We have here xeltek superpro 5000, and now waiting for the socket for we'd purchased for this microcontroller...we will try to clone the program from original chip into the blank chip...hope it will work...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.