Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Issue in flashing code with P89V51RD2 and SST89E516RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohithadpad

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am currently using the P89V51RD2 microcontroller from NXP. I am programming this controller using the Flash Magic tool. And it is working fine. But when I brought the new same controller I am unable to flash the code using Flash magic. One of the new controllers is having success in reading the Device ID and Manufacturing ID but I am unable to flash my .hex file.

This same scenario happens with the SST89E516RD. I am unable to flash the code in newly brought controllers. I am using SSTFlashFlex51 Rev 6.0 tool for flashing the code in SST microcontrollers.

Please let me know if anyone can help me with this.

-Rohit

Hi,

You need a multi channel scope to check programming signals (including RESET) as well as power supplies...during programming.
Check signal timing, voltage levels, ringing...
Also check clock (frequency, levels, waveform)
Use the exact datasheet to validate the signals.

Besides the datasheet informations the problem may be caused by wiring and/or PCB layout, or incomplete circuit, like missing power supply decoupling capacitors.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.