Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZYNQ Power Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am sorry for asking a very basic question. I am working on PCB design having ZYNQ 7030 on it. I am looking for power requirement of ZYNQ 7030 for different banks. I need to know which document describe this, as there are several documents on ZYNQ.

Do you mean VOLTAGE requirement? Or, do you really mean POWER? The voltage is specified by VCCO; it's in the data sheet. It depends on what your selected IO is: LVDS, LVCMOS, etc.

If you want to know POWER, you can use the power calculation tool supplied by Xilinx.

Yes VOLTAGE requirement. Which document should I look into ? I need to connect required voltage sources to the ZYNQ device.

Hi,

Like with all electronic devices: It's written in the datasheet.
In the section: Recommended Operating Conditions

Klaus

I am looking for power requirement of ZYNQ 7030 for different banks. I need to know which document describe this, as there are several documents on ZYNQ.

Seriously, before starting a PCB design, you should have at least a shallow knowledge of ZYNC document structure.

Designing IO bank supply requires to choose IO standards before, e.g. do you have high speed transceivers, DDR RAM (likely for a SoC), which logic levels?

You can copy the mandatory and optional supply voltage levels from the ZYNC power pin description in datasheet or reference manual. If you are particularly asking about power, consider that most power goes to the 1V core voltage, relative small auxiliary supply current, IO supply varies depending on IO standards, data rate, termination. Particularly terminated DDR interfaces have a certain static current consumption.

Xilinx also has PCB design guides for Zynq (i.e. the 7 Series) parts. You should read that document and ask the board designer what banks they are using and what voltages are they interfacing to.

Bank voltages are set based on the I/O standards used and can be any of 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V, and on some banks 3.3V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back