+ Post New Thread
    Full Member level 2

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

ZYNQ Power Requirement

Hi,

I am sorry for asking a very basic question. I am working on PCB design having ZYNQ 7030 on it. I am looking for power requirement of ZYNQ 7030 for different banks. I need to know which document describe this, as there are several documents on ZYNQ.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5
    Helped
    1055 / 1055
    Level

Re: ZYNQ Power Requirement

Do you mean VOLTAGE requirement? Or, do you really mean POWER? The voltage is specified by VCCO; it's in the data sheet. It depends on what your selected IO is: LVDS, LVCMOS, etc.

If you want to know POWER, you can use the power calculation tool supplied by Xilinx.

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 2

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

Yes VOLTAGE requirement. Which document should I look into ? I need to connect required voltage sources to the ZYNQ device.

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3730 / 3730
    Level

Hi,

Like with all electronic devices: It's written in the datasheet.
    In the section: Recommended Operating Conditions

Klaus
    Please don´t contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

Helped
    14034 / 14034
    Level

I am looking for power requirement of ZYNQ 7030 for different banks. I need to know which document describe this, as there are several documents on ZYNQ.
    Seriously, before starting a PCB design, you should have at least a shallow knowledge of ZYNC document structure.

Designing IO bank supply requires to choose IO standards before, e.g. do you have high speed transceivers, DDR RAM (likely for a SoC), which logic levels?

You can copy the mandatory and optional supply voltage levels from the ZYNC power pin description in datasheet or reference manual. If you are particularly asking about power, consider that most power goes to the 1V core voltage, relative small auxiliary supply current, IO supply varies depending on IO standards, data rate, termination. Particularly terminated DDR interfaces have a certain static current consumption.

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Helped
    1742 / 1742
    Level

Xilinx also has PCB design guides for Zynq (i.e. the 7 Series) parts. You should read that document and ask the board designer what banks they are using and what voltages are they interfacing to.

Bank voltages are set based on the I/O standards used and can be any of 1.2V, 1.8V, 2.5V, and on some banks 3.3V.

--[[ ]]--