Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to determine the length and width of the HFSS wave port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyguo2005

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS wave port problem

hey, guys, i m a newbie in antenna design. i have got a problem, is there anybody know how to determine the length and width of the wave port? does the size of wave port affect the result?

thx!!

Re: HFSS wave port problem

Hi,

please refer to the posts in the Electromagnetic Software forum.

Waveport size is crucial and would change from structure to structure. If the port is too large, it faciliates the propagation of higher order modes which produces inaccuracies. Smaller port would also result in incorrect answers due to fringing of fields. So you have to optimally design the waveport.

Usually the waveprt width should be atleast 5*width of microstrip and height of teh port should be roughly 4-5*h, i.e height of dielectric. Please refer to teh previous posts in the above mentioned forum.

i hope this helps.

Re: HFSS wave port problem

thx very much... it really helps a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back