Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect VFD to a laptop or computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream-builder

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was recently trying to connect my Delta VFD drive with my laptop using Vfd-Soft software (which I downloaded from Delta website) and RJ 45 to USB converter(RS232/RS485 converter). I connected the variable frequency drive to supply and connected the connecting lead to drive and pc both. I then ran the VFD-Soft software for interface. Using the Com port which was assigned to usb I used automatic detect settings for Baud rate and protocol. Then clicked the TEST button and a Success Green Signal was displayed. Next I went to step 3 to accept the settings and go online, but a error message was displayed that communication time out.
I don't know what is this and how I can resolve this issue.
Kindly help me to solve the issue.

error message was displayed that communication time out.

Is your software registered? Is your module registered? Getting success until the crucial moment, then a strange error message appearing might be their way of blocking unregistered software or hardware.

Hi,

I do know neither this VFD nor the software, thus at first I'd read the manuals.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.