Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maestro GPS module A2235-H UART data halted after 135 seconds ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuhaH

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

In my project, only GGA and VTG messages are needed, so I configured the module by NMEA protocol messages to disable all other messages. Everything works fine until after 135 seconds module sends a message: $PSRF150,0*3E which is "not OkToSend" -message. The serial port is completely halted for infinite time and no connection is possible to establish to the module, it needs to be power cycled.

By the explanation, trickle power mode is enabled !? So is it set on by default and it needs to be put off to continuous mode or why this happens ?

"This message is being sent out during the trickle power mode to communicate with an outside program such as SiRFDemo to indicate whether the receiver is awake or not. OkToSend Message Data Format contains the values for the following example:OkToSend – $PSRF150,1*3F"

Module needs to put to binary mode and then configure the power saving mode OFF first ?

-J

Receiver put to binary mode, but new issues arise. Data is now in two stop bit mode even that request by NMEA message $PSRF100,0,38400,8,1,0*3C is for one. This prevents my MCU to alter data since it only supports 1 stop bit data. Another issues is that in binary mode data stream is not halted after 130seconds like it is in NMEA mode. This is odd.

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back