Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[ Describing PG Pins at RTL Level UPF ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

whizkid123

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to read in UPF at RTL level.

For the all standard Cells, Memories, Analog Macros - Power config file is used to add search path and db file name.

I have the below two observations -
1- After adding power config file, I have removed the corresponding RTL files of standard Cells, Memories, Analog Macros from file list.
After giving it a run, I am getting errors that Memory Cells/Standard Cells/Analog Macros designs are not found in the compiled Database

2- If I add the Verilog models of standard cells/Memories/Analog Macros,
I am getting errors - that VDD/VSS pins are not found as defined in the UPF.

Can you please tell me the correct way of reading the
1. Using the same UPF at RTL level and Gate level
2. How to specify the power information of Standard Cells

Hi,
I am trying to read in UPF at RTL level.

For the all standard Cells, Memories, Analog Macros - Power config file is used to add search path and db file name.

I have the below two observations -
1- After adding power config file, I have removed the corresponding RTL files of standard Cells, Memories, Analog Macros from file list.
After giving it a run, I am getting errors that Memory Cells/Standard Cells/Analog Macros designs are not found in the compiled Database

2- If I add the Verilog models of standard cells/Memories/Analog Macros,
I am getting errors - that VDD/VSS pins are not found as defined in the UPF.

Can you please tell me the correct way of reading the
1. Using the same UPF at RTL level and Gate level
2. How to specify the power information of Standard Cells

This is so confusing. What tool are you using, to begin with? What step of the flow are you doing? I can't think of any tool that takes RTL and UPF files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back