Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] MAX232 alternative with more lines in single package

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvie

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i am working on FPGA project with 32 duplex serial lines and i need to do conversion to RS232 voltage levels.
MAX232 can handle 4 lines, which would mean to use 16 pieces of MAX232 IC (only rx+tx, no hw flow control).
I wonder if there is similar IC which can do more lines in single package... i think it would makes sense to have at least 12 or 16 lines per IC...

Do you know such IC? Thanks.

Hi,

I'd use the selection guides or tables provided by IC manufacturers or distributors...

Klaus

Almost all the MAX23x and MAX24x interfaces are multi-channel. I think the MAX240 range is your best bet, check the data sheets.
The MAX245 has 10 receivers and 8 transmitters in one package.

Brian.

Ha! Thanks for pointing this out. Actualy i've went through MAX24x chips before, but the landing pages that google found showed MAX232 block diagram instead, which confused me. But now when i searched whole datasheet it is actualy there.

MAX244-MAX246 series seems to be quite adequate for my purpose...

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.