Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

push pull ac-dc auxiliary winding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemaster11

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Capture.JPG

what's the purpose of the (N2 + N3) center-tape winding in push pull Ac-Dc converter

as shown in above schematic. is it a kick start auxiliary winding? if not

how to start the smps oscillator without external power kit?

Auxiliary power supply once the push pull starts - what powers the chip to provide the gate drive at cold start is not shown / not drawn / not provided in the schematic - likely an unfinished "design" ...

Untitled.jpg

that's the complete schematic of the push pull AC to DC converter taken from

powerEsim. i didn't understand the purpose of (N2 + N3) winding here in the schematic? is it the power to the

gate driver pwm block?

Using the winding only to power the feedback opto coupler doesn't make sense.

But I presume you can read schematics good enough to see that the driver power supply is not shown in the drawing. That's more a functional block diagram than a real schematic.

i see that the driver power supply is not shown here in schematic also the winding (N2 + N3) doesn't make sense.

that's why i ask the question. but unfortunately i don't have another schematic of push pull ac dc.

that's the complete schematic and know they only show a functional block rather instead of

the gate driver pwm ic. but if to power the push pull gate driver without using external power

can we use a kick start resistor with auxiliary winding?

also note if you are rectifying 230V mains the push pull fets will see > 650Volts - so 800V min required ...

Status
Not open for further replies.