Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trannoise simulation in HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayeste

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I want to see the impact of noise in time domain on my circuit voltage nodes. I read the HSPICE manual and found trannoise command. I am not sure how should I set the parameters.
I tried default values with only two Monte carlo samples. It took a lot of time. I am wondering which parameter has the most impact of simulation time, since I tried different FMIN and FMAX and still I have the same problem.

Noise sims typically take time... what Fmax did you try? Normally, the maximum time resolution of the simulator will be dictated by the maximum frequency you want to simulate. And just curious: what is a long time? If it takes long time, why not let them run in the background or overnight.

Thanks for your response.
I simulated for 5us with 0.01us steps and I used the default values for Fmin and Fmax since i did not know which values should I select. i just want to simulate a simple circuit in when VDD power on.
Yes you are right but when I set monte carlo samples to more than 10 or 20 for 1000 different instance of circuit, it took a lot of time. I think the main problem in my simulation is setting Fmin and Fmax.

Status
Not open for further replies.