Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] CCS/TMS320F28069M: Microntroller is getting hot while debugging the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratan22

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using launchpad board "TMS320F28069M ". While loading the program to the TMS320F28069M microcontroller there is no issue, but while debugging the program, it shows rise in temperature. We checked for the temperature of the controller and it shows around 40 - 45 degree Celsius.
The same phenomenon is observed in our self made circuit board(using TMS320F28069M microcontroller only).We tried giving power supply via USB and then started debugging in our self made circuit board,but same rise in temperature occurred and also We tried giving power supply via power adapter but no changes occur .
In our self made board, the peripherals are:-
All SPI protocol peripherals :
• GPIO-EXPANDER "(MCP23S17)
• Ethernet chip(ENC28J60)
• can-fd (CANFD controller-MCP2518FD, transceiver ATA6561)
All i2c protocol peripheral:
• EEPROM(at24c32)
• RTC(DS3231)
• DAC(DAC7678)
Serial communication
• RS232
The DAC output is connected with signal conditioning circuits and the dac has 8 channels. We have used ADP5070 as negative power supply for supplying signal conditioning circuits.

GPIO-EXPANDER "(MCP23S17)and the GPIO-EXPANDER have 16 in/out pins.16 in/out pins are connected with 16 opto-couplers and the each opto-couplers connected with one relay.Same spi pin connected with Ethernet chip(ENC28J60) and Ethernet chip(ENC28J60) connected with RJ45.

The GPIO-EXPANDER , Ethernet chip SPI pin and CAN-FD SPI pin is different .

Whenever I am uploading codes to program any of the peripherals, the controller(TMS320F28069M) gets hot and it's temperature reaches around 40-45 deg Celsius.

usb_power.png

3v_power.png

5v_power.png

12V is Input for both 3v and 5v External power supply circuit .We tried giving power supply via USB and also We tried giving power supply via adapter in both cases the controller is getting hot. (hot is not like burning sensation but quite hotter) . Kindly give your insights to solve this heating issue.

Since you have the same problem with the Launchpad board, I guess that you have incorrectly programmed one or more of the digital I/O signals as outputs.
If a pin is configured as an output when something external is driving it, the current can get high and the controller can get hot.

what is the normal heating temperature of tms320f28069

- - - Updated - - -

what is the surface temperature of tms320f28069

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back