Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using ADS2019, How to set and measure tempature values for LNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pusparaga

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed LNA. I want to measure S21, S11, S22, S12 and NF for different values of Temperature Values such 360C, 700C, -150C. How to set different values of temperature for LNA using ADS2019. Can we set to all components (such as Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, transistors, MLINs) to temperature separately( Right Click on the components and set temperature values to desired values).

Below I have attached designed LNA with set the temperature values independently on each component. Is this right way to set different temperature values on each component. Please clarify my doubts.

Attachments

• LNA_Tempature.jpg
    LNA_Tempature.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Tempature_Plots_Example.jpg
    Tempature_Plots_Example.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 143

The most important component in your model - the transistor - is an S2P dataset at one fixed temperature. Your plan makes no sense if you only have that transistor data at that fixed temperature.

The most important component in your model - the transistor - is an S2P dataset at one fixed temperature. Your plan makes no sense if you only have that transistor data at that fixed temperature.

Yes, It is absolutely right. It does not make sense (s2p values will generate for particular temperature).
What should be done?, have we to take nonlinear model of transistor and set it different values of temperature and measure the S-parameters and Noise Figure of LNA.
Guide me, how to set different values of temperature to LNA and measure S- parameters and NF of LNA.

Yes, nonlinear model sounds correct. And use a variable for temperatur, so that you can change it easily for all components.

For the ideal L and C elements in your design temperature will not have an effect.

Yes, It is absolutely right. It does not make sense (s2p values will generate for particular temperature).
What should be done?, have we to take nonlinear model of transistor and set it different values of temperature and measure the S-parameters and Noise Figure of LNA.
Guide me, how to set different values of temperature to LNA and measure S- parameters and NF of LNA.
You can do it but don't trust much nonlinear models especially in term of NF.They are generally poor at those frequencies but nevertheless try and see..

Yes, nonlinear model sounds correct. And use a variable for temperatur, so that you can change it easily for all components.

For the ideal L and C elements in your design temperature will not have an effect.

Which type of models of L and C would be appropriate to use in circuit simulations(for correct modelling) for high frequencies? Would you have a recommendation of a book or an application note for that?

I like the Modelithics libraries (license requires)
Some manufacturer also have good passive libraries, for example I often use Murata ADS libraries.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back