Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting pins to wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivasage

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I have a project which involves a FlexiForce sensor. I don't trust myself soldering to it, so I plan on using a recommended crimp connector, either male or female. My question is, what is the best way to attach two wires (as part of a TS instrument cable) to this crimp connector? Simply soldering the wires to the male connector's pins doesn't seem mechanically secure. I think I could use wire wrap but I'd rather not have to buy a wire wrapping tool just for this one job. I was looking at using crimp terminals for the wires and then inserting the terminals into the female crimp connector, but it seems this will only work well if the terminal pins and female sockets are a PERFECT fit.

Any advice?

Hi,

I don't think the contacts are made for wire and wrap.

Look for one that solders the wires to it.

Or you have to try:
* connectors for LED stripes
* other spring loaded female connectors with 0.1" pitch.

Klaus

Hi,

Did you read the datasheet? They don't mention "spring".

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back