Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The magical audio filter other opamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I have found this filter/amp combination, being simple with nice features.

I wonder can I use other opamps like the ne5534 or is the performance specific to the 741 and will differ if using other opamps?

Also how about Jfet based ones like the tl071?

Attachments

• The Magical Audio Filter.pdf
    268.3 KB · Views: 104

you can use ne5534 in place of 741.

NE5534 has better parameters than 741 like unity gain bandwidth(10Mhz) and high slewrate(13v/µsec) and lower supply voltage.
Their equivalent noise is 3.5nv/√Hz.

it can be a drop in replacement (except when using pin 1, 5 and 8 which is not used in the circuit attached)

I agree, and it will work better than a 741.
The caveat with NE5532 and NE5534 devices is they have head-to-toe parallel diodes across the inverting and non-inverting inputs. That isn't a problem for low signal applications but they are not replacements in comparator circuits and the likes.

Brian.

The circuit isn't particularly optimized for bipolar low-noise audio amps like NE5534, e.g. regarding resistor dimensioning. Thus a standard low noise JFET OP like good old TL071-TL074 would be my first choice,

Hi

NE5534 is not unity gain stable. Expect oscillation.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.