Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I connect / couple an oscillator to a bridge circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

talikarng

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to use a Colpitts oscillator followed by a common collector buffer to provide the sine wave to a bridge circuit (I plan to use the bridge to roughly measure a varying capacitor - C8). The output impedance of the oscillator and buffer is fairly low (if I have calculated it properly in LTSpice).

AC_analysis.png

When I connect the bridge circuit directly to the oscillator (other side of the bridge is grounded) I think it shows that there is some significant loading of the buffer.

Transient-analysis.png

How can I overcome the loading effect and attach the buffer output to the bridge in a way that maximises the voltage across the bridge?

Besides output impedance which might be sufficient, loaded large signal output swing is apparently insufficient. You need larger class A bias current and probably a bigger transistor than BFR93A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back