Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Innovus Command Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEPuppyPuppy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As a beginner to VSLI design, I am using and learning Innovus these days and have two questions. Hope someone could help me.

1) set_db.
The user manual has some sample flows with codes. It usually contains 'set_db' commands to set values for some attributes (the manual calls it database object.) These object usually is the attributes belong to some settings.
My question is that are the following commands perform the same functions:
Code:
# Command 1
set_db cts_target_skew 50ps
# Command 2
set_ccopt_mode -cts_target_skew 50ps

2) Invalid Commands:
There might be some commands mentioned in the manual but will report 'Invalid Commands' error, which is so wired that I feel I might make some mistakes.
Code:
create_clock_tree_spec -out_file ccopt.spec
source ccopt.spec
And the error is
Code:
**ERROR: (IMPSYT-6693): Error message: top.tcl: invalid command name "create_clock_tree_spec".
Similar error would be reported when I was trying to use
Code:
clock_design

Will really appreciate any help.

As a beginner to VSLI design, I am using and learning Innovus these days and have two questions. Hope someone could help me.

1) set_db.
The user manual has some sample flows with codes. It usually contains 'set_db' commands to set values for some attributes (the manual calls it database object.) These object usually is the attributes belong to some settings.
My question is that are the following commands perform the same functions:
Code:
# Command 1
set_db cts_target_skew 50ps
# Command 2
set_ccopt_mode -cts_target_skew 50ps

2) Invalid Commands:
There might be some commands mentioned in the manual but will report 'Invalid Commands' error, which is so wired that I feel I might make some mistakes.
Code:
create_clock_tree_spec -out_file ccopt.spec
source ccopt.spec
And the error is
Code:
**ERROR: (IMPSYT-6693): Error message: top.tcl: invalid command name "create_clock_tree_spec".
Similar error would be reported when I was trying to use
Code:
clock_design

Will really appreciate any help.

Cadence has a really terrible time keeping the documentation synced with the new versions. Just stop using these commands and look for the new equivalent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back