Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Indicating off-board connection in OrCad LAYOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudboy488

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a daughter board using OrCad Layout (old, I know). The board has 2 40 pin connectors at opposite ends. Both connectors have VCC net connections to the main board. The main board has the power supply and supplies VCC to multiple pins on each connector. I routed the board to use the closest VCC pin on a connector.

The issue I am having is that when I check connectivity, it shows all the VCC pins on each connector not being connected to each other as they are actually connected together on the main board. Short term, I added routes to all the VCC pins between the 2 connectors so I can check to see if I'm missing any other connections. I would rather not leave the connections there.

The question: Is there a way to indicate that multiple pins are connected externally from the PCB so Layout doesn't show them as being disconnected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back