Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZMR330: 3V3 Linear regulator needs diode connected cathode to input voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A bit more infirmation, please.
Why do you ask? .... when the datasheet does not mention it.

Klaus

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I can imagine three different ways to connect the anode (OUT, GND, Supply+), please ask a clear question.

Reactions: dEVOUER and treez

T

dEVOUER

It is a useless datasheet that does not show a circuit and does not show the input and output capacitors that every other voltage regulator uses.

Thanks, i mean a diode connected anode to output, cathode to input...
in the old days, such a diode was always needed to protect the regulator in those cases wherever vout gets bigger than vin.

Hi,

n the old days, such a diode was always needed to protect the regulator in those cases wherever vout gets bigger than vin.
True. It was not always needed. Only when the output goes higher than the input. Is this the case with your application?

Klaus

It is a useless datasheet that does not show a circuit and does not show the input and output capacitors that every other voltage regulator uses.
True - but it does say 'unconditionally stable' and the transient response graphs are labeled to say there is no output capacitor.

I can't see any reference or requirement for a external diode anywhere. Bear in mind the output voltage is only 3.3V and a parallel protection diode would only conduct if the input voltage was about 2.7V or less. I would think the chances of internal breakdown quite small, the pass transistor can probably withstand it easily.

Brian.

Reactions: treez

T

Status
Not open for further replies.