Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selecting a proper MOSFET with diagnostics capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

ku637

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have been going through an application which requires 62A high side output with around 80A peak current support for 10s for an automotive application.

Im checking one part BTS50055-1TMA from infineon. There seems two specification IL(ISO)=70A and IL(NOM)=17A. Im not sure which one to follow. Will this device suit my purpose. Im clueless about IL(ISO) specification.

infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BTS50055-1TMB-DS-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4625a888733015aa9af94f035c9

Thanks for any help

Reviewing the conditions given for IL(nom) should answer your question.

Device on 50mm*50mm*1.5mm epoxy PCB FR4 with 6cm2 (one layer, 70µm thick) copper area for Vbb connection. PCB is vertical without blown air.

The device can surely handle 62/80A, but only with appropriate heatsink. IL(iso) conditions are well defined: Tcase = 85 °C. I presume you can do basic Rth calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.