Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Suggestions to run DC Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seneda

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I am using the C8051F340 controller's trigger signal to run the dc motor. This micro controller get the sensor signal to trigger the dc motor. It runs as per the program duration for 16 seconds. After that it should give the another signal to stop the motor. Whenever sensor get closed, Dc motor gets triggered signal from the micro controller. Can i use the single DC source for the circuit(For both micro controller and DC motor)? I use that trigger signal from micro controller to opto coupler , this opto coupler will energize my 12v relay to run the 24V dc motor. This DC motor (24V, 1Amps and 15W) is connected with Motor controller board. It uses the 24 volts from same smps, which is supplied 24V to my circuit board. That trigger signal turn on my motor, but it did not turn off my motor after 16 seconds. Please help me somebody..Herewith i attached my circuit diagram if any mistake, please suggest me to correct.

Thank you..

Attachments

• 20200109_123152.jpg
    20200109_123152.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 54

Hi,

Confusing.
I can't find out what is input and output at the box "SMPS"? Left side or right side? Please use arrows for input and output. On all boxes.
All power signals seem to be DC...but then you use an "opto-triac" which is for AC. Please explain.

Klaus

Agree that using an optotriac to drive a relay load is not a good idea.

And feeding the relay coil from the variable VDC used for the motor? Another bad idea.

Placing a 50 ohm resistor in series with the motor....why?

That trigger signal turn on my motor, but it did not turn off my motor after 16 seconds.
That isn't surprising. A triac stays conducting until the current through it is turned off. If anything you need an ordinary optocoupler but as others have already noted, rewiring it to avoid that stage altogether is a far better solution. Why not use the logic output of the mother board to drive a transistor which in turn switches the relay. It should then switch reliably although why the other resistors are needed is still a mystery.

Brian.

Motor controller seems to regulates speed but has no stop or disable input for some unknown reason.

Did you want C8051 to enable/disable motor current and coast to a stop or stop suddenly (brake)?

Why is optical isolation necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.