Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Differential negative feedback circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have a question regarding differential negative feedback circuit, addressed in Design of analog CMOS integrated circuits written by Razavi.

On page 314 (Figure 9.30 (b)), Each output of an fully differential amplifier is shorted to the input of the amplifier to address the need for CMFB(Common mode feedback).
(Resistor load is used in the circuit)
And the author said that the input and output common-mode level in this case are quite well-defined... which is understandable.

My question is, "when do we use this kind of circuit?"

In my thinking, it only loads source signal by adding a parallel impedance to output load.

Thank you.

Hi,

I hope I understood correctly...

Each output of an fully differential amplifier is shorted to the input of the amplifier
As it is connected to the input it does not only act as "load", it also modifies the input signal to the amplifier, thus it modifies the overall gain of the circuit.

Klaus

when do we use this kind of circuit?
Not in regular amplifier circuits. The text says "in some applications we short the inputs and outputs for part of the operation" without further explanation. I believe it refers to circuits with switches, e.g. a fully differential SC amplifier like fig. 12.34.

KlausST

I agree, thank you for your opinion

- - - Updated - - -

FvM,

Thank you, your example was very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back