Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] CDC RTL Simulation vs non-CDC RTL Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kungchuking

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can simulator like ncverilog simulates the metastability behavior of CDC circuits? How to do simulations with metastability models (RTL and gate-level)?

it's not about the simulator support, it's about how the gate is described in verilog. check the .v file that came with your std cell library, it might account for metastability in very funky ways or none at all. in my experience, most models just trigger a warning to the user but don't actually do anything.

My .v model didn't account for metastability. I had to find manually turn off timing checks of my synchronizer. Now I know CDC check need to be done by using third-party tool (I used spyglass for this purpose). Thank you for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back