Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Object from the CAD drawing' and 'sheet for the wave port <<< How to solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyhaerong

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Object from the CAD drawing' and 'sheet for the wave port <<< How to solve this?

Hello,
Im trying to set wave port which i brought from the CAD drawing, but keep failing to set it.
the problem is since there is a gap between the 'object from the CAD drawing' and 'sheet for the wave port' I keep faced with error message all the time.
the steps I've took so far is,

=============================================
1. draw the rectangular sheet, overlapped with the object.
2. do the substrate to the sheet with object
3. Tah-dah! face with error message which is saying like
'port refinement process hf3d error port 1 is assigned to an internal face. Only allowed with lumped ports.
=============================================

Is there any people who can help me, please?

13.jpg
15.jpg
14.jpg

Re: Object from the CAD drawing' and 'sheet for the wave port <<< How to solve this?

Welcome hyhaerong,

The error is correct; you can't assign wave ports inside of a simulation domain, unless you back them with a PEC. Are you sure you want to use a wave port and not a lumped port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back