Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PI compensator implementation in microcontroller and calculation for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashvinpambhar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I used a microcontroller dsPIC33FJ16GS504 for on grid microinverter. In compensator design circuit (attached) current compensator block I want to implement in microcontroller in which PI compensator is used as per the document (for details are available in microchip document AN1444). I know basic about the PI controller but how to implement in microcontroller and how to calculate the coefficient of that (kp & kI) if all that things is happen by control system then how to derive that equation.
compensator circuit.png

Code:
P = Kp*X
I = Ki*X + I
Y = P + I

Where X is the compensator input and Y is the output. This represents a transfer function of Kp+1/(Ki*[sample rate]*S). That laplace function can be plugged into any number of simulators (LTSpice) to graph its bode plot and see the gain and zero placement (it has a pole at the origin).

Generally the zero wants to be placed a little before the system pole.

(I just wrote this quickly and tend to make mistakes doing that but its a helpful starting point).

Status
Not open for further replies.