Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are parallel universes source of high fault coverage of sequential ATPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

firewireblue

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Assume the probability of Event is a complex number p exp(-i\theta), where |p| is the observed probability.
Assume a AND circuit = p1(exp -i\theta1) p2(exp -i\theta2)
a NOT operation = (1-p)(exp -i\omega)
a "1" = (1-p)exp( -i \omega) + p exp( i \theta)
Yes probabilities all interfere because laws of physics would not even start. Say for example, you are performing probability experiments using RNG on computers, suppose computers got replaced by cow dung and you were to use a heuristic, what would it be. The above rules assume probability rules are not formed perfectly, meaning interference.

The point is that sequential atpg performs about 10^12 operations. Now, take inference from the parallel universe, tiny, small, enough at the cmp compare statement in a microprocessor, which is connected to a jz intruction, now, assume bugs in about 1ns time interval, 1Ghz speed. Now suppose jz instruction suffers from problems from the parallel universes. Even an operation error of 1/20000000 is sufficient.

Assume the electron has to get to the output before the clock cycle. A metal layer is 22000 atoms wide. A circuit may experience temporary circuit cutoff for about .1 ns just before it is going to go to the next clock cycle.

1/20000000 = (probability that the first atom is in error)(probability that the second atom is in error)...22000 times
= p
= p - 0
= | p - limit episoln -> 0 K->infinity int_-K to K limit episoln2->0 1/episoln2 int \theta to\theta+\episoln2 episoln exp(-i\theta) dtheta dx |
= |p - a complex number A|
Select complex number A such that that above expression matches 1/20000000

See, parallel universes ruin fault simulator.

-suresh

I really agree with not Sam. But to be absolutely certain with a degree of probability of -epsilon(|p| (-exp\theta(-p)^22000) I will check next time I'm in a parallel universe and report back.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back