Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise and variability analysis for differential amplifier in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

msrinivasanmuthu

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a theoretical understanding of the effect of noise from different transistor and variations in different transistor. I want to know how to simulate in cadence.
For for the differential amplifier -

1. Theoretically noise is done individually for each transistor and then added up. The final value will be in noise spectral density. The noise modelling of differential amplifier is shown in the Figure noise.
2. Threshold variations are considered as voltage difference in the inputs of gates and also shown in figure offset.

Now my question is how to realise this in cadence. I want to know how to get these parameters as from montecarlo analysis. Usually in data sheet, opamp variation and noise will be provided in terms of gaussian distribution. I want to get similar results through cadence simulation. Can anybody help me in this regard? offset.jpgnoise.png

If you have for example the gpdk from cadence installed, you can quite straight-forward simulate with monte-carlo variations. What's your experience with Cadence? The noise analysis is straight-forward. The MonteCarlo needs a bit of hands-on.

I guess you refer to input-referred offset and noise?

I understand montecarlo analysis very well. What I have been doing is theoretical understanding of how offset and noise is defined? Now I want to do the same analysis in cadence. I am referring to input referred noise and offset? I understood noise analysis in different thread. I have simulated gain, stability and transient and usually noise analysis isn't stressed upon in university lab courses. Thats why asked this question. There is one more thread which you can visit, its here

https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?388169-Noise-analysis-for-diff-amp-in-Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.