Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short Circuit protection Using Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmrps

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i am get the following short circuit protection circuit from the website it is working fine .The problem is when the 12v supply is on it is started from NC operation after pressing the push button only the output will come and if it is short circuit at the output the relay get turn off and it is change to NC.I want to modified this circuit as first it work with NO and if it is short circuit it is work to NC that is i want to avoid pressing push button at the start up and automatically it has to work to NO at first and if it is short circuit at the output it has to work with NC.i am unable to find the way to implement this logic.Please guide me to achieve this solution
mod.jpeg

Hi,

Hard to understand the picture...

Maybe either get a relay that works NO > NC, or use a BJT or MOSFET as an inverter (high in = low out & low in = high out).

I'm confused as to where the pushbutton is in reality and why it's needed to switch a relay...

Suggest you post a (much) more detailed schematic.

Use the transistor with pull up resistor at base pin to switch the Relay ON and OFF.
Using the Transistor with invert the data as per your need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back