Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Sensing vs. Voltage sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomph

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Experts out there please help me to explain :
How Current sensing method works?
How Voltage sensing method works ?
(specially in memory design)
What 're advantages of one method over the other.
Thank you very much
Tomph

Added after 2 hours 13 minutes:

No one is working in this area ?!?!?

did u mean the mechanism using in sense-amplifier of memory design ?
there are different meanings of current sensing and voltage sensing in different application, if u use them in closed loop application, they are always feedback signals. if u use them in open loop application, they are served as measurement of some "unknow" objects or devices, which will be compared with reference later.

voltage often feedback directly.curren ofter using a resistor trans. to voltage.I think

did u mean the mechanism using in sense-amplifier of memory design ?
there are different meanings of current sensing and voltage sensing in different application, if u use them in closed loop application, they are always feedback signals. if u use them in open loop application, they are served as measurement of some "unknow" objects or devices, which will be compared with reference later.

I am woking on Flash memory area ( Nonvolatile memory). For the bitline sensing,
I see different sensing schemes but do not have clear concetp of the diffenrences
between current sensing and voltage sensing ( static vs. dynamic ?!?)
If you know any books or articles about this topic please let me know.
Thank you very much

I am woking on Flash memory area ( Nonvolatile memory). For the bitline sensing,
I see different sensing schemes but do not have clear concetp of the diffenrences
between current sensing and voltage sensing ( static vs. dynamic ?!?)
If you know any books or articles about this topic please let me know.
Thank you very much

as I know current sensing is faster than voltage sensing in the read opeartion of flash. cause in voltage sensing, there exist I to V conversion before the comparison,
but in current sensing , there is no I to V conversion, so it will be faster.

Usually,in a closed loop system,Current Sensing means the sample signal is current, and Voltage Sensing means the sample signal is voltage. But the response of Current Sensing is faster than the response of Voltage Sensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back