Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build up nonlinear model of a FET in Foundry pdk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jademobile

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to build up nonlinear model of a FET in Foundry pdk?

I use ADS.
I meant to research some FET nonlinear parameters variation with Foundry process and design , such as Cgs and Cgd. I have pdk of the Foundry, and I can find the FET nonlinear large signal model.
Would you plz tell me how to build up my own nonlinear model of a FET in Foundry pdk. For example, I need to build up EETEMT and Curtice3 model via the pdk FET model. And, each parameters of the self build model should be obtained.
I hope that there are step by step examples.

Jade

PDK's are mostly crypted and released in Verilog format.( There might be exceptions..) therefore extracting a model parameter from PDK data is more than difficult..
But some Cadence Spectre based PDK may give you fundamental model parameters when you request "print model parameters" option.

PDK's are mostly crypted and released in Verilog format.( There might be exceptions..) therefore extracting a model parameter from PDK data is more than difficult..
But some Cadence Spectre based PDK may give you fundamental model parameters when you request "print model parameters" option.

Shall I use IC-Cap or ADS?
Suppose that I have all the DC and small signal and large signal test data.

Status
Not open for further replies.