Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am searching for USB C Power Delivery IC with MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlenberg

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am searching for an IC for USB C power delivery.
Is there any USB PD controller chip with microcontroller inside with I²C or SPI ports?
Another question. Is there any USB PD controller with power measurements? For example V, I and/or power measurement and available on I²C or SPI ports?
Thanks.

Last edited:

I tried to search on Google with key word "usb c power delivery ic".
There is many result from many brand :ST, Microchip, TI..
so, what is the special in your requirement ?

I tried to search on Google with key word "usb c power delivery ic".
There is many result from many brand :ST, Microchip, TI..
so, what is the special in your requirement ?

I tried to explain my requirement but if it is not clear, again: Most of the USB C PD ICs didn't have any microcontroller to be programmend in it, nor any power measurement.

USB C power

Is this a recent protocol compared to early USB power delivery? As I understand it, any device needs to negotiate (enumeration), before it can receive maximum current from the USB port. Before that time it can only get 100-150 mA.

Do you wish to obtain maximum current? (Modern USB provides as much as several Amperes.)

Did you work with earlier USB protocols? Did you find IC's that were successful then?

Is this a recent protocol compared to early USB power delivery? As I understand it, any device needs to negotiate (enumeration), before it can receive maximum current from the USB port. Before that time it can only get 100-150 mA.
Yes, it is true. USB C can provide up to 100W power after negotiation. But there is a dedicated power negotiation channel and protocol.

Do you wish to obtain maximum current? (Modern USB provides as much as several Amperes.)

Not exactly. I want to measure voltage and current and display them on a LCD-Screen, therefore I need a microcontroller. It would be a nice to have property if a USB C PD chip has also small microcontroller in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back