Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why not simulate ATPG pattern in ATPG TetraMAX tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

abgohil013

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii,

why requred to simulate atpg pattern in vcs but Synopsys Tetramax tool also option of run_simulation?

Thanks,

If I understand your question framing correctly..........

The Tetramax tool just generates the pattern which needs to be fed to your DUT and its behavior has to be observed.
VCS is a simulator tool using which you can see how your logic components toggle when the patterns pass through the DUT.

It has been a long time I have not used the tetramax and the vcs, but I think if the run_simulation is supported then this command can call the simulator. Here you can avoid manually calling the simulator/VCS. Please refer to the Tetramax command reference manual for details on how to do that.

Thanks for give response,dpaul

when I simulate in Tetramax tool using run_simulation then required to simulate in vcs or any difference between TetraMax and VCS pattern simulation.

Reactions: alp507

alp507

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You are getting things wrong.
You use the pattern generated by Tetramax to run simulation. VCS is just a simulation tool which uses this generated pattern and feeds them to your design. Use VCS for simulation.
I think you should read the user guide thoroughly.

run_simulation is based on internal fault simulation engine in tetramax. vcs simulation is to simulate the ATPG patterns agaisnt verilog behavioral models. The former has some use models, one of them is to test how much faults the patterns can test. The latter is to ensure patterns will work and pass finally on tester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back